When entrusting your property or development to a team of lawyers, you need experienced professionals.
At Kell Moore, we are renowned for advising on all property-related transactions efficiently and expertly.
Our experienced team of lawyers can assist with —
- preparation of Contracts of Sale
- drafting Section 88B Instruments
- registration of plans of subdivision
- any queries or issues about Development Applications
- advice on strata, stratum, community and neighbourhood subdivisions and development
- drafting Strata By-Laws, Strata Management Statements, Building Management Statements, Community Management Statements and Neighbourhood Management Statements
Property + Development staff
Our experienced conveyancers will guide you through your property transaction to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Your residential, commercial or rural property transaction will be professionally handled, cost-effective and accurate.
Our experienced team of lawyers and conveyancers will —
- Advise you on the First Home Buyer’s scheme
- complete relevant searches to ensure there are no hidden surprises
- arrange for the exchange and signing of contracts
- keep you informed at every stage of your transaction
Talk to us about issues relating to —
- residential, rural and commercial conveyancing
- buying and selling property
- freehold and leasehold
- liquor licensing
- property development and planning issues
- leases, landlords and tenants
- taxation implications including duty, GST and Capital Gains Tax
Using an accredited specialist in local government and planning provides confidence that you’re receiving the most comprehensive and practical advice.
Our team has a deep understanding of rural councils and related issues. We act for individuals, developers and numerous councils throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
We have advised councils on matters relating to —
- town planning
- environmental issues
- compulsory acquisition
- enforcement proceedings
- contaminated land
Wherever you’re located, we can help. We’re committed to gaining a thorough and real understanding of our clients’ management, interests, and goals – so we can deliver the most relevant advice possible.
Local Government + Planning staff
Our experienced lawyers provide the practical and commercial advice you need to make sound business decisions.
At Kell Moore, we offer valuable firsthand knowledge of hotels, motels, clubs, restaurants, entertainment facilities, sporting, tourism, transportation, warehousing, banking and securities.
We can provide you with up-to-date and accurate legal advice on —
- setting up or acquiring a business
- partnerships, companies and trusts
- business litigation and disputes
- business agreements
- shareholders’ and unit holders’ agreements
- intellectual property
- agency agreements
- debt collection
- product liability
- trade practices compliance
- protecting your business name
- registration of security interests pursuant to the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth)
It’s our policy to gain a real understanding of the commercial interests and goals of our business clients. That’s how we can provide direct benefits to our clients that allow them to plan their future with confidence.
Business + Company staff
Making a Will with a lawyer is the best way to ensure that your family will be provided for and that your assets are distributed as you wish.
Our Wills, Estates and Probate team offers advice on estate planning including powers of attorney, the appointment of guardians (NSW) or appointment of medical treatment decision makers (VIC) and can provide comprehensive complex estate planning including use of testamentary trusts, tax planning and superannuation advice, review of family trusts and passing of control, assisting farming families with complex succession issues, considering potential estate claims and notional estate matters and creation of special disability trusts.
Estate planning work includes advice about –
- Wills, Powers of Attorney, Appointments of Enduring Guardians, Appointment of Medical Treatment Decision Makers
- Binding Death Benefit Nominations for Superannuation Funds
- Living Wills or Advanced Health Care Directives
- Family Trusts
- Special disability trusts for children with a disability
- Guardianship of minor children; and
- the transfer of assets to the next generation
We also offer a full probate service for the administration of estates. Our estate administration work includes applications for Grants of Probate in New South Wales or Victoria, including applications for Letters of Administration where there is no valid Will and the administration of deceased estates.
Wills, Estates + Probate staff
Engaging a team experienced in dispute resolution allows you to achieve a prompt outcome with minimal impact.
Our commercial litigation team has extensive experience representing company directors, administrators, partners, trustees and other claimants in disputes concerning shareholder agreements, restraints of trade, mortgages, partnership deeds, and breaches of trust.
We advise clients concerning commercial litigation and frequently appear in courts in New South Wales and Victoria, and at the Federal Courts.
With comprehensive advice at an early stage, we can limit exposure to costly litigation.
Talk to our team about —
- acting in restraint of trade disputes
- acting in proceedings in the Equity Division of the Supreme Courts of New South Wales and Victoria
- misleading and deceptive conduct claims in the Federal Court of Australia
- Supreme Court proceedings for breaches of constructive trust and determination of partnership
- District and County Court proceedings for breaches of Commercial Leases, Retail Leases and Loan Agreement defaults.
Commercial Litigation + Dispute Resolution staff
Contemplating challenging a Will, or are you the executor or beneficiary of a Will that is being challenged. We can assist you.
Our estate litigation team has extensive experience having represented executors, administrators, beneficiaries and other claimants in disputes concerning the validity of wills, administration of estates and claims for better provision.
We advise clients on all estate claims including claims for provision or greater provision from an estate and/or assisting executors of estates to defend such claims. We endeavour to resolve all matters at mediation or via alternative dispute resolution such as a judicial settlement conference to limit the costs of estate litigation. If required, we can represent clients in Victorian and New South Wales Courts. If you are not sure whether you are eligible to challenge a Will, you think the Will was invalidly signed or signed under duress or you have been left out of a Will our Estate litigation team can assist.
Our focus is on providing early and comprehensive advice to limit costly litigation.
We advise on —
- Acting in Family Provision Claims in the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Acting in proceedings in the Equity Division of the Supreme Court of Victoria for failure to adequately provide
- Deeds of Family Arrangement
- Defending claims by disgruntled beneficiaries
- Construction of Wills cases dealing with Informal Wills
Estate Litigation staff
Whatever the size of your building contract or dispute, our team is here to guide you with prompt and practical advice.
Kell Moore provides comprehensive knowledge of all legal issues relating to building and construction law.
We advise in all areas of the building industry and represent builders, property developers, contractors and sub-contractors.
Talk to us about —
- security of payment legislation
We support dispute resolution as a valued alternative to litigation, and we can advise you on the most appropriate options available.
Building + Construction staff
Whether you’re an employer or employee, our experienced team is here to guide you through the complexities of today’s workplace law.
We act for many large and medium-sized employers in reviewing and drafting employment contracts and letters of offer. These can incorporate bonus schemes and other incentives for maximising productivity and minimising disputes.
Our dedicated team offers expertise in the courts of New South Wales and Victoria, as well as the Federal Magistrates Court of Australia and Fair Work Australia.
We can help resolve disputes involving breach of contract, breach of restraint of trade and unlawful or unfair dismissal.
We also provide ongoing advice to businesses on modern awards, the distinction between independent contractors and contracts of service, and avoiding litigation upon termination of employment.
Employment Law staff
We have a specialist knowledge and expertise in all aspects of Environmental law, with a specific skill set in advising land holders and government departments in relation to the creation of Biodiversity Stewardship Agreements and the purchase/sale of credits.
We have advised private, corporate and government clients on —
- Creation of Biodiversity Stewardship Agreements.
- Acquisition and sale of biodiversity credits and offsets.
- Conservation Agreements.
- Contaminated land and remediation.
- Waste industry, waste management and control.
- Planning Agreements for renewable energy companies and developers.
- Environmental impacts on development.
- Environmental prosecutions.
- Drafting commercial agreements, leases, licences for wind farms and solar farms.
- Regulatory advice on all aspects of environmental law.
- Threatened species and biodiversity conservation.
- Water law.